Monday, January 12, 2009

I TOLD HER I WAS SORRY

my human bears a beautiful set of teeth marks on her left pinky.......thanks to me. i mean, heck, it wasn't my fault. really it wasn't. you see, i let her sleep next to me on the bed. she thinks that laying her hand on my belly while i am sleeping makes me feel more secure. i just let her do it, knowing it really makes HER more secure.

well sometime in our sleep the other night, i was having this horrible nightmare. while dreaming of a huge set of canines coming down on my neck, i attacked what i thought was the dog's paw. it turned out to be my human's left pinky. we both jumped up out of the bed and after my human turned on the light and assessed the damage, she looked at me like i had lost my mind. of course, i was sorry i had mistaken her poor pinky for a dog paw, but one cannot help what happens in ones dreams......or nightmares. the marks are still there, even after several days of healing. but she shows off her wound to people at work as if it is a badge of honor and courage. i let her think that.........as long as i get what i want, she can believe whatever she wants.

i got a few new toys the other day and so far my favorite is the knit catnip mouse with the leather ears and tail. i carry it proudly around the house like it was something i actually caught. it impresses the human, so i am ok with it.

i have the strangest feeling that something is going on outside my window. my human caught me trying to sneak a look out that window and yelled at me. i am not supposed to be seen in that front window, as it faces the street and someone might see me. something about i am not supposed to be here.........anywhooooo........i keep hearing pawsteps outside the window, as well as screaming and meowing and all kinds of a fuss. i caught a glimpse of 2 black furry things and think they might be akin to me. of course, they don't have the same fantastic looks that i have, so i am sure they are a lesser species.

well, gotta go. the human is pushing me out of the clawed up computer chair. guess she wants to use this contraption now. i will never get in bed if she gets on here.

1 comment:

  1. Catch your human at work and then you can look out that window all you want. I won't tell her. Susie

    ReplyDelete